Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hoe down

I've never had a green thumb. I know nothing about gardening, plants, flowers, etc. I think I killed a cactus in college. I can basically recognize roses and lillies and then just have to nod in what I hope is an intelligent manner.

But, now I am a homeowner with a good-sized backyard and a front yard to boot! So, I continue to try to evolve and learn. Over the weekend a friend took me to a nursery to pick out some plants to border our new deck. I came home with three lilac bushes. Yesterday I managed to dig a trench big enough for all three. It took several hours. I got blisters on my hands within the first ten minutes (because I am a delicate flower). But, the lilacs are planted! Mostly, I was happy not to unearth any bones or anything. Must stop watching so much CSI.

Also, the mister and I purchased an orchid from Trader Joe's over the weekend. So we're going on Day 4 and I haven't killed that sucker yet. It's a whole new Candace, people!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?