Sunday, November 26, 2006

Christmas exploded on my house.

Growing up, my mom was on a strict holiday decoration schedule. The day after Thanksgiving, the tree went up. Sometime over Thanksgiving weekend, we would have the annual tree decorating arguments, including, but not limited to: Mom reminding Dad that the lights go on first and Dad reminding Mom that he KNEW that, and my sister reminding me that small ornaments go near the top and larger ones at the bottom.

I decorate on a smaller scale in our house, but I do decorate as I love this time of year. On Saturday I woke up feeling ambitious and did the following:
Yay! As a related sidebar, each pet has their own stocking. This is a cute notion when you have a couple of pets. When you have 7 pets like we do, it's just kind of embarrassing and overkill.

Also. It only took 24 hours but the new kitten in the house has already tried to take over the tree. So far nothing has been destroyed, but there has been evidence (dissheveled ornaments) of Sir Claudius's discovery of the new big shiny thing in the living room. Cats!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?