Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Crabs and the Dead Sea.

So, in June of 2002, The Mister and I were headed back to Portland from our honeymoon in Vancouver, BC. We stopped for the night in Seattle and met up with my parents and grandmother (Gram was flying back home out of Seattle so they had done some sight-seeing). We ended up at Ivar's for dinner. I was drawn to the pound of King crab legs. I had to have them. I ordered them. They would soon be mine.

It may be that I didn't look up from my plate of crab legs for the entire meal. When I finished, I mentally rejoined the rest of the table. My dear husband of one week looked a little shell-shocked. I guess he hadn't had the joy of experiencing the gluttony that is me + seafood. Oh well - he'd already bought the cow, so too late, sucker!

Fast forward to today. We took a little day trip to Seattle to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit but first hit Ivar's. There was a momentary panic when the pound of crab legs wasn't on the menu, but luckily we found it listed on the menu insert. Our server actually gave me a high-five when I ordered it. Victory! It was loverly.

Unfortunately the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit was sold out and we weren't able to wait around for the next available time slot. Oh well. A little disappointing. But seriously. A pound of crab legs.

p.s. an FYI for anyone visiting the Seattle Center - if you're not there on a weekend or during any other festival, be prepared to have difficulty finding an open bathroom. It seems the only public bathroom in the Center was closed "for vandalism." We traipsed around there for half an hour before finding a bathroom in the ice rink. So, if you're there and have to "go," go directly to the ice rink.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?