Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Nail Biting.

So it's been almost a month since my resolution to stop biting my nails. So far, no biting! The secret? Keeping polish on AT ALL TIMES. What a pain in the not-getting-smaller-despite-resolutions ass. My nails seem to reject all nail polish after approximately 18 hours. This may or may not be because I am unable to maintain the "lady of leisure" status required during Nail Polish Drying Time. But, whatever.

Other things I need to get used to:
  1. I now have to deal with stuff getting underneath my fingernails - mainly when I'm cooking and cleaning. Annoying.
  2. I now have the worry that my nails will catch on something and rip/tear (which would likely lead to a recurrence of biting) or, even worse, break, which will hurt.
  3. I now use my fingernails for things rather than my fingertips - things like typing or text-messaging. It's a weird feeling.
  4. Due to my allergies, I rub my eyes a lot. They're always itchy. One of these days I'm going to scratch myself. And as we all learned from Ralphie in A Christmas Story, it's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out. Or something like that.
On the upside - I'm not biting my nails! :)

Comments:
I am sure that Vinnie appreciates the nails when it comes time for skritches on the noggin.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?